Preparation is up to you and aims to improve your vehicle’s resistance over rough terrain while respecting safety standards required by the Highway Code.
At present we find all kinds of preparations in participants’ vehicles, from very professional and expensive adaptations to practically standard vehicles.
Vehicles are grouped by categories depending on their displacement,
There are editions, however, in which some categories have much more participation than others and vice versa.
Of course, there is an essential minimum of modifications to guarantee vehicle safety.
For 4×2 or 4×4 utility vehicles:
- Protection for the sump and fuel hoses will most probably be necessary.
- Increasing ground clearance by means of reinforced springs and increasing spring diameter or adding extensions.
- If possible, increase ground clearance with higher tires than the original ones.
- Vehicles must have all necessary permits to be allowed on public roads.
For off-road vehicles:
For this type of vehicle there is no recommended minimum preparation, but:
- A sump guard is always a recommendable precaution.
- Tires must be in good general condition and have a decent tread.